If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (405) 330-2095

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

4 FAQs About Disaster Assistance

10/21/2020 (Permalink)

Hurricane Harvey disaster recovery centers staffed with recovery specialists from FEMA You may be eligible for disaster assistance from FEMA

4 FAQs About Disaster Assistance

If you have recently experienced a natural disaster, such as a flood, you may be considering applying for disaster assistance. The best way to make this decision is to know the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about disaster assistance.

1. Will FEMA Rebuild My Home?
The Individuals and Households Program by FEMA provides funds for any expenses that are underinsured or uninsured. However, this program is not a substitute for insurance and does not cover all costs you may face. It is designed to get you back on your feet after a disaster and help you meet basic needs. It is not guaranteed that your house in Hibsaw, OK will be rebuilt entirely through this program.

2. Who Should Apply for Assistance?
Any homeowners, renters, and business owners who had damage to their vehicles, property, or business as a result of a disaster should apply. However, the property must be in a county that has been presidentially declared a disaster area. Disaster assistance can help you repair, rebuild, or replace some damage.

3. What Assistance Is Available?
Disaster assistance may cover temporary housing, home repairs, property loss, and other expenses. Also, there are low-interest loans available for business owners, homeowners, and renters. These funds are designed to cover uninsured and underinsured costs, not pay for something that is covered under your insurance policy.

4. Are You Eligible for Assistance if You Have Insurance?
Your insurance should be your primary source of funds after a disaster. You need to contact your insurance company if you experience damage. It would be best if you did this as soon as possible.
However, insurance may not cover some of the expenses caused by a disaster. Therefore, even if you have insurance, you should still apply for disaster assistance through FEMA.
If you have recently experienced a disaster, such as flooding, you may be eligible for disaster assistance from FEMA. They can give you the funds you need to hire storm damage restoration professionals and get your life back on track.

Other News

View Recent Posts