Stages of Commercial Mold Remediation
A mold infestation at your commercial property in Oak Tree, OK, is frustrating. You worry about losing time and money while mold removal takes place. What does the process entail? How long does it take?
Before remediation begins, the problem needs identified. As a business owner, perform regular inspections of your property and encourage open communication with employees. Once you suspect a problem, do not delay.
- Contact a mold remediation specialist as soon as possible. Mold growth happens fast; every day you wait is another day it spreads. Oftentimes, technicians offer 24 hour emergency service.
- Typically professionals first conduct a thorough inspection of your property. Some damage is visible to the naked eye, while hidden decay requires specialized equipment to detect.
- Before cleanup begins, experts physically contain the target area to prevent further spreading and secondary damage. HVAC systems are often disabled and air filtration devices are used to prevent spores from contaminating the surrounding air.
Mold Removal Stages
Once the inspection and containment are complete, removal of damaged items begins.
- Porous, infected materials and structures are discarded. Black mold usually cannot be removed from items such as carpeting or drywall.
- Non-porous contents are cleaned, disinfected and sanitized with antifungal treatments.
After all mold growth is removed, it is safe to return. Specialists complete the restoration process.
- During the last phase, building materials are repaired. This includes replacing carpeting, wood flooring or drywall that was removed in previous stages.
- Cosmetic procedures, such as painting, return your business to preloss condition.
The process of commercial mold removal in Oak Tree, OK, is meticulous due to the nature of the infestation. The length of time for all stages varies depending on the level of contamination. On average, you can expect the process to last about a week. In order to save time and money, have your property inspected as soon as you suspect a problem.